Wednesday 8 September 2021

Orca fact sheet

In reading, we read a text about the native marine mammals that live in New Zealand. 

We wrote a fact sheet about the animal in the text.

I did a fact sheet about the Orcas.

Here is my fact sheet.


Orca fact sheet








Orcas live all around New Zealand's coastline but they like to live in cool water (or a deep place). Orcas can be found all around the world, and they are a most spread out mammal apart from humans.Orcas have black and white with large paddle- shaped fins. Groups of Orcas are called pods.Female Orcas can live up to 90 years and male Orcas can live up to 60 years.Female Orcas size is 6m and male Orcas  size is 9m. The Female weight is 3.6 tons and males are 5.5. tons. The female's dorsal fin is slightly curved and up to 0.9 metres tall and the males are straight up and up to 1.8 meters tall.Orcas are at the top of the food web as there are no animals that eat them. Orcas can swim as far as 150 km a day. 




  Do you know anything about Orcas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post