Monday 30 August 2021

Explanation-How does bees make honey?

 In reading we read a explanation about honeybees and how they make honeys.

We wrote a explanation about how bees make honey.

This is my explanation.


How does bees make honey







  Flowers and crops have nectar and pollen which bees and other insects love to eat.

Bees collect the nectar and pollen from the flowers and the crops and store them in

their stomach. After that they return to their hive.



They turn that nectar into different parts of sugar like Glucose and Fructose.

When the worker honey bee returns to the hive,

they vomit the nectar into a processor honey bee's mouth and they continue doing this.

After filling their stomach into a simple sugar they finally vomit into the honeycomb.




But to get rid of the most water, the bees flap their wings which drys the water but leaves the honey. 


Was there any more facts about how bees make honey?





2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Stella, this is a good explanation of how bees make honey. You have included every aspect of the process and specific language like fructose and glucose. What was the most interesting fact you learned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bees flap their wings to dry the water in the honey.
      Thank you

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post