Thursday 26 August 2021

Information report-Taekwondo

 Today we wrote a Information report about the games in the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics.

I chose Taekwondo.

here is my report.


Taekwondo

Tokyo 2020 Paralympic games



Taekwondo is one of two new Paralympic sports at Tokyo 2020 and it´s a Korean Martial art.

There are kicks like back kicks and spinning kicks.

 

What  are the competing  disciplines in Taekwondo?

There are two disciplines in Paralympic taekwondo: Kyorugi for athletes with

upper limb impairments and Poomsae for athletes with neurological

l impairments

intellectual disabilities or visual impairments. Only Kyorugi will compete at the Tokyo Games. 


Events

Events are divided into four sport classes, from K41 to K44, with K41 being for athletes with

the greatest degree of impairment.

K44 and K43 will be integrated as one sport class at Tokyo 2020.

Men and women will each compete in three weight classes:

-61 kg, -75kg and +75kg for men, -49kg, -58kg and +58kg for women.

Head and trunk protection will be worn in all bouts.



Kicks and points

A rule specific to Paralympic taekwondo is that only kicks to the trunk count as valid attacks.

Kicks to the head are not permitted and result in a warning giving the opponent one point.



There are three types of valid points to the trunk. Two points are awarded for a valid kick,

they will get three points for a kick of 180 degree and they will get four points for a 360 degree spinning kick.

The decision  to award four points for 360 degree spinning kicks came in 2017.

Doing this exciting new move will make the audience excited.

Dynamic kicks have the defensive skills to guard against and stop opponents attacks are also vital.


In Taekwondo I learnt there are two disciplines in Paralympic taekwondo.

I hope to enjoy watching Taekwondo too!




What sport will you chose to write a Information report?

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing report you have written Stella. You have been working so hard at home you should be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Stella, this is a very detailed report. It is clearly presented and interesting to read. I would write about one of the sports that is unique to the Paralympics, because I do not know much about them.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post